2017 Rib, Rub, Run & Roll Race Registration Ready!
Start your training today for the Rib, Rub, Run & Roll 5K/10K
2017 Rib, Rub, Run, and Roll
Location: Downtown RockwallDate: Saturday, Oct 7thTime: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
7:00AM Late Registration/Packet Pick Up
8:30AM 10K Start
8:45AM 5K Start
8:55AM 1 Mile Fun Run
Awards will be given to the Masters male / female in 5K and 10K and overall male / female winners in the 5K and 10K. Age group awards will be in 5 year increments. Custom medals will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in finishers in each age group.
T-shirts guaranteed to those registered by September 27th
Each fall, teams fire up their grills for a smokin’ hot barbecue competition in downtown Rockwall! Residents and visitors flock to the historic town square for a fun filled day featuring good music and good barbecue! The day-long celebration includes;
All Day Live Music
- 3:00-4:30 pm: Texas Flood
- 12:45-2:00m pm: King George Band
- 10:30 -11:45 am: Dale Riley Band
- 8:00 – 9:30 am: Benton Lawson
Peoples Choice Wing Tasting
PEOPLE’S CHOICE CATEGORY:
All competitors are highly encouraged to participate in the People’s Choice competition.
- Wings must be ready for public tasting/judging by 11:00 AM. Event staff will collect wings from cooks and bring the to the People’s Choice Wing Tasting Tent.
- The public purchases 5 tickets from event coordinators and exchange a ticket for a wing from event staff in the People’s Choice Wing Tent. When the public purchases 5 tickets they’ll also receive 1 special ticket they will use to vote for their favorite wing. Event organizers base their ticket sales on the quantity of wings distributed to cooks. Please do not giveaway wings to the public – we control the number of wings to know how many tickets can be sold.
- Containers for ticket collection will be provided in the People’s Choice Wing Tasting Tent to collect votes for teams.
* IBCA Sanctioned BBQ competition
-Brisket, Spare Ribs, 1/2 Chicken- Want to be a judge? email [email protected] to get on the list, limited spaces available.
*Because we are adding Brisket this year, many cooks will be cooking overnight. We will try to accommodate trucks/cars to stay close to grill sites as space permits so grilles can rest in their car while they watch their fire overnight. We will not have electricity or water hookups available on site so please plan accordingly if you will want those.
|2017 Grill Team List|
|Rockwall Professional Firefighters Association|
|The Sausage King|
|All Sauced Up|
|New Viking BBQ Revival|
|Smoke Smith BBQ|
Contact [email protected] for Sponsorship Opportunities
About Andrew AinsworthHowdy,
I’m originally from Round Rock just north of Austin. I’m a 2011 graduate of Texas A&M University in College Station(Whoop!). I love to be outside and probably my greatest outdoor activity would have to be fishing or camping. I like to kayak fish on Phelps Lake here in Rockwall or on Hubbard if the weather is nice.