The Parks and Recreation Department has made the decision to follow the guidelines of the UIL and close all athletic fields and further postpone the beginning of the RBSL season until at least May 4, 2020. As we move forward, no decision regarding the remainder of the season will be made until that date. Staff is currently focused on public safety and health as a number one priority. Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time. The Parks & Recreation Department looks forward to getting back on the field as soon as possible, but in the meantime please remember the following bullet points for your protection:
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
· Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
· If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
· Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
· Consult CDC’s travel website for any travel advisories and steps to protect yourself if you plan to travel outside of the US.
Howdy! I am a graduate of Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas (Whoop!). My favorite hobbies include playing hockey, hanging out in my hammock, and fishing. I'm also a huge sports fan and you can often find me rooting for my favorite teams, the New England Patriots, Boston Bruins, and of course the Fightin Texas Aggies!