2017 Rib, Rub, Run, and Roll
Location: Downtown Rockwall
Date: Saturday, Oct 7th
Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Each fall, teams fire up their grills for a smokin’ hot barbecue competition in downtown Rockwall! Residents and visitors flock to the historic town square for a fun filled day featuring good music and good barbecue! The day-long celebration includes;
Awards will be given to the Masters male / female in 5K and 10K and overall male / female winners in the 5K and 10K. Age group awards will be in 5 year increments. Custom medals will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in finishers in each age group.
T-shirts guaranteed to those registered by September 27th
All Day Live Music
Downtown Main Stage
- 3:00-4:30 pm: Texas Flood
- 12:45-2:00m pm: King George Band
- 10:30 -11:45 am: Dale Riley Band
- 8:00 – 9:30 am: Benton Lawson
San Jacinto Plaza Stage
- 9:30 – 10:30 am Clint Sherman
- 11:45 am – 12:45 pm Ron Jesz
- 2:00 – 3:00 pm Nick Snyder & Jonan Rigsbee
At this years Rib Rub we are going to offer 3 grilling classes taught by BBQ experts.
Click Here to get registered to learn the in’s and outs of prepping and smoking Brisket, grilling the perfect steak, and smoking a whole Hog!
Brisket Prep Call – Come join BBQ Pitmaster Herman Guerrea from One 90 Barbecue from 12p-1p as he teaches you how to properly trim, season, and load a brisket. If you want to be the talk of the neighborhood when you cook out this Fall then do not miss this class. Everyone who attends will also enjoy brisket, beverages, and a chance to win prizes including an entire brisket.
Grilling The Perfect Steak – Competitive Grill Master Randy White will teach you how to grill the perfect steak at home. The class will consist of (1) What to look for when shopping for steak (2) How to season & marinade (3) How to Grill it. The class will include steak to enjoy, cold beverages, and a chance to win steaks to take home.
Smoking A Whole Hog – BBQ PitMaster Herman Guerra will demystify how to smoke a whole hog at home for a good old fashioned pig pull. The class will include different options in smoking a pig, how to break it down, and the easiest way to serve. Everyone will enjoy plenty of pulled pork, cold beverages, and prizes.
Awards CATEGORIES INCLUDE:
1st Place: Mayor’s Choice
2nd Place: Mayor’s Choice
1st Place: People’s Choice
2nd Place: People’s Choice
1st Place: Best Paint
2nd Place: Best Paint
1st Place: Best Motor
2nd Place: Best Motor
1st Place: Best Interior
2nd Place: Best Interior
Raffles will be held during the car show for participants.
Peoples Choice Wing Tasting
PEOPLE’S CHOICE CATEGORY:
All competitors are highly encouraged to participate in the People’s Choice competition.
- Wings must be ready for public tasting/judging by 11:00 AM. Event staff will collect wings from cooks and bring the to the People’s Choice Wing Tasting Tent.
- The public purchases 5 tickets for $5 from event coordinators and exchange a ticket for a wing from event staff in the People’s Choice Wing Tent. When the public purchases 5 tickets they’ll also receive 1 special ticket they will use to vote for their favorite wing. Event organizers base their ticket sales on the quantity of wings distributed to cooks. Please do not giveaway wings to the public – we control the number of wings to know how many tickets can be sold.
- Containers for ticket collection will be provided in the People’s Choice Wing Tasting Tent to collect votes for teams.
* IBCA Sanctioned BBQ competition
-Brisket, Spare Ribs, 1/2 Chicken- Want to be a judge? email [email protected] to get on the list, limited spaces available.
*Because we are adding Brisket this year, many cooks will be cooking overnight. We will try to accommodate trucks/cars to stay close to grill sites as space permits so grilles can rest in their car while they watch their fire overnight. We will not have electricity or water hookups available on site so please plan accordingly if you will want those.
|All Sauced Up|
|Big B’s BBQ|
|Buck Horn BBQ|
|Chief’s Smoke Joint|
|Meat Your Maker|
|Meatbound & Down|
|New Viking BBQ Revival|
|Right on Q|
|RocKwall BBQ Boys II|
|Rockwall Professional Firefighters Association|
|Rockwall Professional Firefighters Association 5057|
|Slab Yo’ Mama|
|Smoke Sessions Barbecue|
|Smoke Smith BBQ|
|Smokin’ & Getting’ Sauced|
|Smokin’ Aces BBQ|
|The Jordan Boys|
|The Sausage King|
|Thin Blue Bar-B-Que|
|Turn 2 BBQ|
|Twisted S Smoke|
|We Dem Boyz BBQ|