2018 Rib, Rub, Run, and Roll
Location: Downtown Rockwall
Date: Saturday, Oct 6th
Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Each fall, teams fire up their grills for a smokin’ hot barbecue competition in downtown Rockwall! Residents and visitors flock to the historic town square for a fun filled day featuring good music and good barbecue! The day-long celebration includes;
Awards will be given to the Masters male / female in 5K and 10K and overall male / female winners in the 5K and 10K. Age group awards will be in 5 year increments. Custom medals will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in finishers in each age group.
T-shirts guaranteed to those registered by September 27th
All Day Live Music
Downtown Main Stage
- 2:30 – 4:30 PM : Brandon Bamburg & the Outlaw Bit Band
- 12:00 – 2:00 PM : Trio Loco (ZZ Top Cover)
- 10:00-11:30 AM: Black Land Fever
- 8:00 – 9:30 AM: T.B.A
San Jacinto Plaza Stage
- Lone Star Brand Beef ZoneDemonstrations T.B.A
Awards CATEGORIES INCLUDE:
1st Place: Mayor’s Choice
2nd Place: Mayor’s Choice
1st Place: People’s Choice
2nd Place: People’s Choice
1st Place: Best Paint
2nd Place: Best Paint
1st Place: Best Motor
2nd Place: Best Motor
1st Place: Best Interior
2nd Place: Best Interior
Raffles will be held during the car show for participants.
Peoples Choice Pulled Pork Tasting Competition
PEOPLE’S CHOICE CATEGORY:
All competitors are highly encouraged to participate in the People’s Choice competition.
- Pulled Pork must be ready for public tasting/judging by 11:00 AM.
- The public may walk the grill zone and taste pulled pork from grill competitiros as they walk around.
- Once they’ve decided what their favorite is they can vote using their cell phone and this link (Link coming soon)
- 1 Vote is counted per phone #
- The competitor with the most votes at 2:30pm is our winner
* IBCA Sanctioned BBQ competition
-Brisket, Spare Ribs, 1/2 Chicken- Want to be a judge? email [email protected] to get on the list, limited spaces available.
*Because we are adding Brisket this year, many cooks will be cooking overnight. We will try to accommodate trucks/cars to stay close to grill sites as space permits so grilles can rest in their car while they watch their fire overnight. We will not have electricity or water hookups available on site so please plan accordingly if you will want those.